1) Plan & organize a news report that covers a chosen aspect of 'Student Life' at MIMS. Use planning docs in Google Classroom to generate ideas, collaborate and come to consensus with your newscast teammates.
2) Identify questions and needs you have to create your newscast segment. Collect facts and conduct investigative research in order to write your news report.
3) Build a draft and prepare your broadcast! Inform, shed light and celebrate the great things happening at MIMS in your newscast that students are learning & experiencing!
Create a team newscast that covers a chosen aspect of 'Student Life' at MIMS. Consider...
What is the name of your newscast?
How will you start your newscast? How will it end?
What order will each of your segments be?
What visuals and/or props will be needed?
Will anyone be on location or interviewing someone?
Think about ways to capture & keep audience’s attention!
Aim a minute per segment.
How will you transition from one segment to another?
How can you tie it all together?
* Use ChromaKey in WeVideo to employ Green Screen Effects in your project.
ORGANIZE ELEMENTS OF NEWSCAST
Do you need collect further facts and data from MIMS Students? Create a survey with Google Forms, approve questions & content with Ms. Eastman & post in 'Chromebook Central' [Google Classroom] to get more student data & feedback
from MIMS Middle Schoolers.
* Incorporate Chinese language in your newscast to showcase Mandarin communication of news content.
Public Service Announcement
3- Apply WeVideo Theme, Transtion & Text Features.
4- Use ChromaKey to employ Green Screen Effects in your project.